October 4th came very early for Chris. He was up and getting ready for his big race at 4am. I had him at the bus stop by 5am. And he was off on the buses to the starting line of the Saint George Marathon!
Chris' boss and his wife came out to cheer him on and take some pictures. He was doing awesome!!
This is Michael, one of Chris' coworkers. They often go for lunch runs together. I am so grateful to him for keeping Chris motivated and having fun. What great guys!

I was waiting at the finish line - I'm so proud of my man. He is so amazing. He has worked so hard this year to run this race. He has been enjoying his time in the mountains and trails. I love that he has found a sport that makes him happy. And I love that we often get to run mileage together. Those long 18 mile runs are no fun to pound out by yourself! But when you get to go on a long running date... it's heaven! I love it.
I'm so proud of you! Great Job out there Chris. I know you don't feel like you got the time you were shooting for - but you are amazing in my eyes!!! And there's always next year... :)
I really wish I would have joined Chris on this adventure. In March, when I had to decide if I was going to run, I was so wishy washy and didn't want to commit. But... I regret that decision now... oh well! There's always another race. :)







No comments:
Post a Comment