On September 28th I was set apart as the Primary President of our ward. To say I'm a little overwhelmed is an understatement. I don't know what I'm doing! But, I do know that my Father in Heaven hears and answers prayers and will help me. I'm still nervous, but through His help, I know I can do this.
Amazing tender mercy: a few weeks ago as I was trying to pick primary
counselors, I was struggling to pick from a ward of people I didn't
know. I had been praying, and had a few names picked out but didn't
really know if it was right. Then my sister-in-law called. She gave me
some fantastic advice. She said to first think of what direction I
wanted the primary to go, and then pray to know who would help me in
that endeavor. I knew I wanted to focus on testimonies. So I prayed
to find woman who would help me teach the children about testimonies.
My list completely changed, and it felt right. I ended up getting all
three of the woman I asked for. And then to top it off... when we had
our first meeting, my counselor over the primary program said "I'd like
to see the children learn to bear testimony. And perhaps use that on the
program next year. And my other counselor pipes up and said, I feel
like we can use the year to teach them what a testimony is and how to
bear one. And perhaps get them to recognize when someone is bearing
witness. That was without me saying anything about testimonies! I
could have stood up and sang "hallelujah!" The Lord does hear and
answer prayers!!!!! I'm still in awe and shock.
After I felt like my focus for the primary should be testimonies, I learned that the theme for 2015 is "I know my Savior Lives" It was like one of those amazing moments when you know you were inspired, and you know why it felt so right! :) I'm really excited for my calling, even though I'm really nervous.
I had my daughter take some pictures of me the day they set me apart. It was one of those days where the spirit just hugs you and you know it will all work out! I hope that feeling never goes away.
6 years ago





1 comment:
You'll be amazing! :)
Post a Comment