Be not afraid, only believe.  From Creative LDS Images on facebook

Nov 30, 2014

Snow Canyon Half Marathon

This year I have been able to really get into running.  I've had a great time releasing stress, and having some alone time out on runs.  I feel like I am so much stronger than I've ever been.  My goal for the half marathon was at first - under 2 hours.  Then, I decided to go for 1:55 as my goal. 

As I got to the start line, I decided I would try running with the 1:50 pacers.  That way I would make sure I would get my goal - giving myself an extra 5 minute cushion if I was tired at the end.
Well - as I tried running with the two male pacers... I was not liking how they paced.  They would go fast at the beginning of the mile, and then slow down to make sure they were on pace...and they kept doing that mile after mile.  Finally - after about 3 miles, I knew I couldn't take it anymore...so I sped up and ventured out on my own.  I thought for sure they would catch me.
But they didn't!  I felt so good at mile 10 that I decided I could start passing some people.  So - I gave it a go.  And I made it in 1 hour 49 minutes!  I was so happy.  I love beating my goals.  :)  I really do love running.

No comments: