Chris and I celebrated our 6th anniversary Saturday. It sure doesn't seem like we've been married that long! (some of you are probably thinking...that's not long at all :) Chris surprised me on Mother's day with a planned trip to Park City, Utah for our anniversary. Three days and two nights without the kids :) It was great to get away and have a little fun.
We started off at the golf course, 18 holes and a cart. That's the first time doing 18 holes for me, and also the first time I've ever had a cart on the golf course. That was a nice treat! We had a really fun morning golfing together. It helps that we get a residential discount at the West Bountiful Golf Course!!
Then we headed up to Park City where we shopped the outlet stores. We didn't find anything for us...but plenty for our kids. They had some great deals!
letterboxing in Park City
Wasatch State Park
Friday we started off with a little letterboxing. We had 5 letterboxes in the area to find. We ended up finding two of the 5. 2 were missing and one was at Jordonelle and we didn't want to pay to get in just to find a letterbox. Then we went to Wasatch State Park. We didn't find anything too interesting to do there, so we decided to head back to Park City and go hike at The Canyons. This ski resort has a lot of history for Chris and I. We hiked up to some of the places we like to ski there and as we hiked we reminisced about our beginnings... Our first kiss was at The Canyon's, many of our dates were there, and best of all, we were engaged at The Canyons! We didn't want to hike to 99-90 (the run that we got engaged on) so we decided to hike to what we like to call "makeout meadows" It is a little meadow area on a low traffic run where we had our first kiss. It was fun to go up there in the summer and not be freezing. We had a great time talking about our dating years and how we came to like each other and eventually decide to get married.Makeout Meadow's
The Canyon's Resort (yes, there was still snow)
Saturday we tried to go up to the Olympic park, but they were having an aerial show, so they were charging $10 dollars a person to even go in to the museum and around the area... so we opted out of that, since usually it's free. I guess we'll go back and take a look next time. We headed home earlier than we had planned. We missed the kids. I think it's kind of odd how I always think I need a break from the kids, but when I do get a break, I really miss them a lot! It was fun to come home and see them again. They were happy to see us, but only Eric wanted to be with us. Abby wanted to stay at Grandma's! They had tons of fun at both grandparents. The biggest perk about living around both parents is the awesome help we get!
So, that was our fun anniversary trip. We probably won't do another one for another 6 years or so.... but that's something to look forward to!
6 years ago





5 comments:
Fun, fun. Those pictures are gorgeous, it's so pretty and green. I love Park City. I agree with you about the kids. It's not too hard to leave, but it's hard once you're gone!
Sounds like you had a great trip! Happy anniversary!
I am so jealous! It has been seven yrs since we have gotten away together!! Happy belated anniv. you two are a CUTE couple! I am sure you both came back refreshed and ready to hit life again! That is great you got a new stroller too.
Happy anniversary!! We were thinking about all you anniversary folks Saturday. I'm glad you had a fun getaway. Congrats on 6 years!!
Happy Late Anniversary! Glad you guys had a good time :) I hope you guys get another alone trip before your 12th anniversary!!!!
Post a Comment