Be not afraid, only believe.  From Creative LDS Images on facebook

Jul 9, 2008

HoLiDAy WeEk!!!! ....continued

Thursday we spent a HOT day at Lagoon baking in the sun and having fun on the rides!


Cousins cooling off with some watermelon...

Christa, Heather and Hunter enjoying the train ride.
Abby and Mckenna on the airplane.
Eric eating pizza... he sure loves food!

Friday we enjoyed the Fourth of JULY with a parade...yah, lots of candy!

Cousins waiting for the parade to begin...and the candy to start pouring in.Eric waving to all the passing floats

My little family.


Hunter and Abby.. cousins.

Grandpa and Grandma Jacobson built a fire for the kids to roast marshmallows in. It was hot, but the kids absolutely loved it!


Great Grandma and Grandpa Jacobson came to our little cookout :)

Chris and Eric hanging out.

FIREWORKS at Davis High School



Saturday I took Heather and Sierrah letterboxing. If you don't know what that is... go to www.letterboxing.org and become a letterboxer yourself! It's very addicting, so beware! We found a letterbox at Mueller Park in Bountiful, but that's not all we found here at Mueller park...Sierrah and Heather were just coming up to the rock wall where the letterbox was hidden, and to thier great suprise...a snake was there. They jumped, screamed and cried... and I was safe on the phone :) They made me get the letterbox out. I put up a brave front for them...and the snake came out to see what I was doing. It was just a friendly (if snakes can be that) gardner snake that was curious.. so I decided to be brave and take a few pictures of it. It posed rather nicely for me and kept sticking it's tongue out at me right after I took the picture. I tried to catch the tongue on camera..but to no avail. It was quite the adventure. So, when letterboxing, be super careful!
Saturday afternoon was play time! Abby and Mia and yes, Hunter too, pretended to be "pregnant" with thier babies. What a cute bunch of kiddos.

Eric couldn't figure out how to put the baby in his tummy, so he just carried his baby around. And pushed it around in the stroller.

Saturday night we had Fireworks at home, put on by the famous duo: Matt and Rich! The kids were enthralled, and they even let them pick the fireworks out and help light them.


Sunday Rich and Heather drove home. Sierrah stayed behind to play with us a few more days. Sunday was a very layed back boring day... I think we all needed it!


Monday I took Sierrah and Abby letterboxing again. While we didn't have any encounters with snakes, we did see a baby deer up near North Canyon park, and we tried to cross a raging river, but just ended up getting our feet wet and not being able to cross. We had a lot of fun and I can't wait to see where we letterbox next!!!
It was sure fun to have family here, we played hard!

1 comment:

Heather said...

What a FUN week we had! Thanks for keeping my girl a night while we were gone. She loves spending time with you!! Seeing that snake pic gives me the chills! You were SO brave for us Ria!!! :)