Be not afraid, only believe.  From Creative LDS Images on facebook

Sep 16, 2008

Field Trip

On Monday I got to take the afternoon off (thanks mom and dad for taking the kids) and go on my own field trip with a few friends. I didn't take my camera, but I did have a ton of fun. First we went to the Utah Museum of Fine Arts located at the University of Utah. We saw the exhibit "Monet to Picasso". Here are a few highlights of the exhibit. It really made me want to come home and create a composition of my own! I am always amazed at the beauty of real paintings opposed to those seen in books, or prints... the real ones are so vivid and alive, so fresh. I recommend this show to any art lovers! Worth the trip! Vincent van Gogh (Dutch, 1853–1890). The Poplars at Saint-Rémy


Piet Mondrian Composition with Red, Yellow, and Blue 1927


Pierre Auguste Renoir, Romaine Lacaux, 1864

Claude Monet. The Red Kerchief: Portrait of Mrs. Monet, 1868–78.

Just a few of the ones I really liked or that really spoke to me personally. I'm sure everyone would get something different from this show! I enjoyed my afternoon here.

After we went to the museum for a few hours, we went downtown to an art store to browse. Oh, i was just itching to buy some art supplies and start a project right away!! But, I was strong and didn't buy TOO much...just one book.

We went to Paradise Bakery for dinner. I had a wonderful warm bowl of soup! mmmmMMMm it was so good.

After dinner we headed up to our Monday night book class. I am taking a class on how to make books. It is so neat! There is so much to learn, too bad it only runs for 6 weeks. We are learning the coptic stitch for our coptic books. SO NEAT!!! I will post some pictures when I finish my book.

That was my way fun day off! I came home refreshed and ready to be mom again! I think we all need that from time to time!!!


2 comments:

sierrah said...

AWSOME!!!!!

Heather said...

Glad you had a day to do what U want to do! We all need those from time to time. Sounds like you have had a fun week!