Be not afraid, only believe.  From Creative LDS Images on facebook

Aug 24, 2009

Abby's first day

Today was Abby's first day of Kindergarten at West Bountiful Elementary. She was so excited to go to school! She woke up before 7 and was dressed and ready by 7:15....only to learn that she had to wait a whole hour before even thinking of going. Her backpack is so huge on her, it almost drowns her. I'm sure this year she'll grow into that a bit, but hopefully she won't grow too much!


I got to spend the first day with her. It was only an hour long, and we just wrote her name, went on a little scavenger hunt around the school and learned about how kindergarten works. Abby was sad to learn that she couldn't stay and start working. She even wanted homework! Here is an interview I did this morning before school.

3 comments:

Lisa and Lance said...

That is great! Abby looks so grown up with her backpack on. I can't believe she is in kindergarten. I am glad to hear things went good, hopefully she will have a great year!

Ann said...

Thomas couldn't believe it when I told him that Abby went to school that day. I'm not sure many of us can. She looks like she's ready for success! Good luck Abby!!!

Heather said...

Maria, that was SO cute! Love her super cute hair!! Hope she has a great year. Is she all day?