We celebrated the first day of fall picking apples! I'm not sure of a more fitting way to start fall. It was a nice cool morning and the apples are delicious.Eric, Mia, and Kaden came to help Christa, Grandma and I pick apples. The kids were great help... especially Eric and Kaden who liked to put rocks in our buckets :) Thanks guys. They did love the branches that hung down real low that they actually did get to pick from. They didn't last long, but they had a good time.
Then we got to go to Grandma Jacobson's and make applesauce. The kids absolutely LOVED helping turn the crank, push the apples in and scrape out the core junk. They were there helping a lot! It made it a little slower, but then someday we will just be able to turn it over to them, they'll know exactly what to do :)
The kids couldn't wait for the applesauce to be finished, and this is them all tasting it before it was even cooled! :) They love the applesauce!!
At the end of the day we had some fresh recruits... Chris and dad took over on the last two batches, all of us girls were DONE!
I just had to prove that Christa and I really were there.. :)
All in all, it was a very successful day. I can't wait to eat some applesauce! Almost done with canning for the year, only grapes left to do!!!
6 years ago





3 comments:
Yumm....I can't wait to do our apples! This was a perfect way to celebrate fall.
How fun, I love apples in the fall, there is nothing better. What a great way to kick off the season! Next stop....grapes!
What a fun day! Wish we were there, I am sure you wanted more kids there right!!??
Wish it would hurry up and cool down here!
Post a Comment