Be not afraid, only believe.  From Creative LDS Images on facebook

Nov 16, 2009

End of Fall....

We finally harvested all our carrots last week - before the big storm. For family night we made an assembly line. Abby and Eric washed, Chris and I peeled and cut, then we cooked them all to freeze for the winter. They are so delicious! And they were so HUGE!!! The kids love the cooked carrots, and so do we. It makes me grateful for a garden - and thankful we have the space and ability to plant one.
Abby eating one of the 'bigger' carrots.

The neighbors have definitely kept us entertained this fall. They have been remodeling their house/yard area. They've had so many cool trucks and loud machines that Eric has often been glued to the side window asking many questions about what is going on. This last Friday they had some dirt hauled away, and the driver let the kids get in and take a ride. Abby liked it at first - then decided she didn't want to take a ride. I was really impressed though - she remembered that the driver said to wave her hand if she wanted him to stop and she did. What a great listener! Eric wouldn't go near it - he just wanted to watch. But I finally got him to sit in it for a picture. He kept making sure the driver was standing by the picture takers and wasn't going to sneak him on a ride or something. It was entertaining for sure! I'm sad to see the nice warm weather go away - but I'm also excited for snowmen and snow angels, and sledding and all the other fun stuff of winter (plus - when winters over...that means my husband will be at home more and I'll be having a baby! two pluses of getting winter going - and gone).