Be not afraid, only believe.  From Creative LDS Images on facebook

Jan 11, 2010

picture frame

I decided to finally do a few crafts that I have seen on blogs and thought "so cute - someday I'll do that." I figure I better get a few in before the baby because - well - you all know what happens when a little one comes. Not only does your brain go to mush, but you no longer have time to do anything for yourself, including shower... so I better get my 'me' time in before April :) You will probably be seeing a few of these projects on here quite often for the next few months!
I love making hair bows for Abby but I hate how they mess up the bathroom. They either overflow in a drawer or I can't seem to fit them all on a string hanging up. I found this tutorial - and I knew that was my solution! I headed to the DI the other day..and among many treasures I found this (other treasures I found will be featured later!) I'm not as big and fancy as the tutorial - but this fits my style a little bit better. I painted it with some old wall paint I had in the shed, then I distressed the edges with distressing ink, and then I glued some ribbon into the emptied out frame. I had everything but the frame already - so this only cost a whopping 2$!
Then I hung it in my bathroom... and decorated it with bows. It has actually turned out to be more than just a bow holder, now it's a decoration too! Something I lack in my bathroom! So I killed two birds with one stone! :) Glorious! (and now I have room to make some more!)

4 comments:

Jenny Hatch said...

Awesome Maria! It looks like you have been busy. Isn't DI the greatest. I love all your creative ideas and pursuits.

Tammy said...

Maria this is adorable!! I have it on my list of things to do too. Seeing yours inspires me to actually get it done. Very nice.

The Tilley Turf said...

So cool... you are so amazing!

Heather said...

hey, looks great. i am working on one for sierrahs room. i found an old ornate frame from goodwill that i want to paint purple w/ black ribon. i will have to show you.
i sent back your long lost scissors finally. sorry it took SO long! :)
LOVE your castle backdrop!