Be not afraid, only believe.  From Creative LDS Images on facebook

Feb 18, 2010

Let's get together!

We had such a blast with our family this last weekend- so much fun that I'm still recovering! :) I'm just glad I didn't have to make the long drive from Phoenix to get here... I'm the lucky one I know!! But I'm so glad my siblings all made it this weekend - it was so fun to see them all - and get to know their kids a bit better.

Our first day we spent sledding up at the "B". I was surprised at how much snow the mountain still had with all the warm weather we've had - but it was so fun. My brother got this gargantuous tube that was awesome! The oldest boys really enjoyed playing on it. All the kids had a blast - and it was fun to get out of the house for a bit.

These sleds from Costco work awesome - they are amazing on the snow - they really make you go super fast. everyone really liked them too...

Our "big" tube
After sledding we came home to warm up and the kids played with legos - their favorite past time at grandma's. I helped them find body parts to make lego men, and we came up with some pretty cool things. Eric loved making airplanes and putting as many men on them as possible!

We celebrated two birthday's - I made this first cake out of fondant. It actually isn't a cake, but a decorated vase -since I knew we wouldn't be wanting too much cake. I ended up putting pink and white bubble gum balls on the bottom to cover up the rough edges - but I didn't take a picture of that - oh well, next time!I made this cake for Blue Grant's birthday - it was the funnest cake to make. I haven't done one of these in a while - and I so LOVE to make cakes. It just makes me happy!! This one just turned out so cute - I think it's all the candy on it.. has to be! We had the cake out on the table all day - and the grand kids seriously drooled over it all day and couldn't wait to get their hands on some of that candy! (we found a few finger prints in the frosting as well) I've never made a cake that I've had such a response to - I think it was all the anticipation of waiting - but they sure devoured it when it was time. So cute to watch!
The birthday party!
The kitchen help... such good food!!! I just know my doctor will say something when I go in next... with all the food I ate over the weekend! (even exercising every morning won't keep that goodness off!)
Saturday morning we went to our nieces baptism. I forgot my camera - I was so disappointed... I really hate when I do that - but oh well - at least everyone else had their camera's going and I will post the family picture when I get it. I hope it turns out - we took a really cute one of all the grand kids standing together. I can't wait to see it! (there are 19 grand kids - my baby will make 20! 6 girls -14 boys) It was the biggest baptism I have been to yet!

After the baptism we went to the swimming pool - what kid doesn't love to splash around in the pool? I didn't take my camera - that place seems to eat up anything that is of value if it's not strapped to you or in a locked locker!


Abby loves a good chicken wing - and we were hungry after going swimming on Saturday!

Saturday night we also enjoyed some fireworks! The kids just love this little tradition. :)

Sunday we had a more relaxing day (at least Chris and I, since we went to our own ward so Chris could teach his lesson) We went to Christa's for dinner - burritos and cheese cake (oh -I want another piece of that!!) It was fun to be together

The boys staying entertained while us girls gabbed....

Eric enjoying his candy :)

Playing with clay - you can't really tell, but they were making some pretty awesome creations of cupcakes, butterflies, cakes, popsicles, and all sorts of cute little clay items. I should have taken a close up - because they did a fantastic job. So many creative kids!!!

I seriously miss my siblings already! It is so fun to be with them. It makes me realize how lucky Chris and I are to have his siblings so close around. We get to do a lot with the Bradley family - and I realize we take it for granted!

3 comments:

cjw said...

What a fun post Ria! I miss them too. We are so rarely together like that. I think it was one of the best times we have spent together. It was a nice time to just catch up on each other's lives. Thanks for posting.

Anonymous said...

We had a blast, too. We had some serious depression upon returning home. It was so fun to be together. Thanks for the awesome cake, Ri. You always do such nice things and have so many amazing talents. Thanks for such a fun weekend. I consider myself blessed to be part of such a great family.

Heather said...

We miss you all too!! :( That 16hour drive home wasn't fun! We would be content living in Christa's basement (not sure how they would feel about that :) Your cakes are so fun! My bday is around the corner, wish you were closer! It was fun, fast, crazy weekend. I like the pic of the guys on the couch. I need to send you the pic of the kids in the playroom clostet!