Be not afraid, only believe.  From Creative LDS Images on facebook

Mar 24, 2010

Funnest Birthday Cake


My nephew had a birthday a few weeks back and I was asked to make the cake. We wanted to do a dog cake, but there really aren't a lot of cute dog tutorials out in the blog world... so I took a few ideas from here and there and pieced one together. It was seriously scary not knowing if it it would turn out, but exhilarating when it did! Lisa and I had a great day together trying to come up with some different ideas for the tongue and spots. We used thin mints for the spots, jr. mints for the eyes.

I made a 3 in. cake just for my nephew to attack for his first birthday. He was so cute eating it :) It was a delicious chocolate cake...and the mint was so good on top! :)
The 3 in cake only took half of the cake batter, so we finished that off with some cupcakes that I decorated to go with the theme. Seriously so fun.

here is the beginning of the cake. I have decided to make a cake blog - but I'll have to get to that perhaps in a few months :) Then I can make cakes and post how I did them - and help others like me out. Maybe I can even get people to let me make some of their cakes so I can try some ideas I have on them :) I might have to twist a few arms - or i could just make cakes and deliver them randomly, maybe that could be a service project I get into just so I don't eat too much cake LOL... I'll let you know when I get that going (and you can get on my list of people to bring a cake to)

4 comments:

Sharla said...

That is so cute!! I look forward to seeing your blog. Sounds like a fun idea.

Dorene said...

Maria - I've been blog stalking for a while now! :) It's been fun to see how you and your cute family are doing. I've got to say - your cakes are amazing. I want to be on your list - my daughter's birthday is the end of June ;) Good luck with three kids. I've got a locked blog if you'd like an invite. You can send me an email at dorenepete@hotmail.com.

Dorene Peterson

Jim, Becky, and Kids said...

Your cakes are amazing Maria! That dog looks like he really has shaggy fur! I can't wait to see your cake blog!

Heather said...

Maria! I have not been in the blog world for some time...man, reading yours I am pooped! How do you do it prego girlie!!?? LOVE the cake! You are keeping busy and being so productive, man, I'm jealous! :) Miss you guys.