We decided to have a girls day out. I made invitations to invite Abby and my nieces and my mom and sister to the Childrens Theater in Salt Lake. They were putting on the play, The Secret Garden. It is one of my all time favorite stories, and Abby and I have been listening to the book on tape - so I thought it would be perfect for Abby. I made the invitations with a skeleton key necklace - because that is my absolute favorite part of the whole play. I remember when I first read the story when I was younger that I always wanted to find a key to a secret garden. I hope I open that imagination up to Abby as well.
Here are the girls in front of the play house
The girls getting comfortable in their seats. They were engrossed the whole play - we didn't hear from them once! I was so impressed with their attentiveness.
Here are the girls with the main characters, Mary Lennox and Collin. (Mary is one of the Beehives in my ward - how cool is that! She was SO amazing!!)
And of course we had to go get treats after the show at McDonald's! I wish I would have taken a group shot with my sister and mom - but I didn't....
It was a really fun day and Abby continues to ask when we get to go again. Last night, she asked if we could go to Grandma's and find a secret garden. She's been wearing her necklace everywhere, and keeps wondering what the key could possibly open. I got the keys from my Great Aunt Mary back when she was alive - and I have no idea where she got the fun keys. But they are sure cute! Abby loves it!
6 years ago





3 comments:
This is such a cute idea! What a wonderful way to spend a day with the girls.
That sounds like it turned out great! What a fun afternoon.
Your talents are endless. I need some of your energy!!!! I love that story, too. What a fun thing to do! I'm glad you girls had fun!
Post a Comment