Grandma Jacobson started our day off great this April fools. She gave us a carton of eggs to make breakfast with. When we opened them that morning, we found they weren't your regular eggs. The kids laughed... and had to take each one out to check it out. I had to laugh at the cotton balls that were set underneath each one - that had to have been my dads doing. Only he would think that because these eggs were so special now that they had personalities, they needed pillows to sit on :) I had to laugh. Our sausage and egg breakfast was YUMMY! Even if I had to break a few of these cute eggs....That night we had a shower for Jenny. Ya- kind of a weird pick of a day for a shower- but April is pretty busy for us Bradley's with the wedding and baby's coming...
Here are all of us Bradley girls waiting for the guests to arrive.
It may have been a little mean... but how could I resist such a wonderful opportunity that an April 1st shower brought... these may look like unsuspecting sweet little treats...and they fit into the dessert table quite nicely... BUT - they weren't treats at all! They were meatloaf! I did this last year - and it was such a great hit with my Young Women, that I decided to do it at the shower. I know -mean! I smiled as people put them with their desserts. I chuckled as I watched people eat their dinner, and leave these little pink treats to eat after the 'real food' was gone. Then I really had a great time watching people try to figure out what in the world they were eating when they licked the frosting... (mashed potatoes) APRIL FOOLS!! I hope no one was offended...how could I resist?
I left some at home for the kids to eat. Chris said they wouldn't touch the pink potatoes - (they already knew the joke). But they said the potatoes tasted like play dough...
The kids had to come with me to the shower until Chris came home. Grandma was so sweet to read them stories while we set up - she is such a sweet thing. I just love Grandma Bradley!!
and we have to keep with tradition whenever we are together - we try to take a pregnancy picture. Soon, I'll have to step out of this one, and we'll have to start having one with babies in arms! My baby will look huge when Becky has hers though - oh well...
6 years ago





No comments:
Post a Comment