Well, I'm down to less than two weeks until my due date. But I keep having the feeling that I am going to go over that date - and I've actually been hoping to go over that date - for a few reasons! (I know - insane!!!)
Right now I have three due dates- my ultrasound due date is April 22, my calculated due date is April 28th, and my doctor's calculated due date is April 30th. I have no idea how we calculated differently - but maybe she's going on my measurements or something? I'm hoping to be able to hold this baby in until May 1st. Wouldn't a May baby be just perfect? I think so... not only for the mere fact that May is gorgeous and warm - but it would also mean that I would have the baby after the wedding. You see - my sis in law moved her wedding up to April 30th - so if I could just hold out till May 1st, I'd be more likely to be able to go to just about everything for the wedding. If I have the baby on my due date or my doctor's due date, I probably will miss everything. The dilemma of childbirth.... having absolutely no control! At my appointment this week - I haven't started progressing at all - so that's a good thing, I think! Although it's getting more and more uncomfortable every day to have this baby in me... I haven't quite reached the point where I just want to cry and get this baby out!
I had a dream last night that I was at the temple, and I didn't know how I was going to get into the temple because I had my baby with me... then I realized I was still pregnant and could go in. Maybe that's a sign to just relax and let things happen on their own. I don't like being so out of control of the situation... I'd like to plan ahead and prepare - but maybe this is just another lesson in patience. Oh please don't let this little guy be another patience builder for me!!!! (like Abby)
I'll keep you posted... oh and if you want to take a guess at what day will be my big debut - please give me your guesses!! I may even give a prize to the lucky date picker!
6 years ago





3 comments:
I happen to be a big fan of the month of April, so I'm going to guess that you'll have him on April 20. I had Carie 8 days early and I liked that timing best (of course that's the only time I wasn't induced!).
Knowing the luck i'm in right now, you'll probably have it the day i get married! :) but what another blessing to be put upon that day! I'm so excited for you Maria! Oh i guess May 1st because i want you to be at my wedding!
I'll guess April 30th...right AFTER the excitement of the wedding. That's sure to send you in labor, right? (Although it wouldn't send ME into labor...nothing would.:) I hope all goes well, and look forward to seeing pictures of your new little guy!
Post a Comment