We finally got our garden in. With all the cold weather and the new baby, we've put it off... but good thing I guess, since it probably would have died with the frosts that we have had lately. We planted lots of HOT peppers (for Chris and our salsa), tomatoes, summer squash, winter squash, beets, carrots, potatoes, kohlrabi, mystery vegetable (my mom got something free - so we'll see what it ends up being) and cabbage. I'm so excited for the vegetables! I can already taste that bacon tomato sandwich - and pineapple salsa with tortilla chips... bring it on!!
Eric was absolutely thrilled to help dig. He did a great job - nearly dug to China! He loved helping Chris put the potatoes in, and helping me put seeds in the mounds. He was so involved with it all - just eating it up. Abby on the other hand helped for a minute - then decided that she should entertain Andrew. She thought Andrew was afraid of the thunder and rain, so she took him inside and held him while she watched a movie. I have to admit, it really was quite helpful, and she does a GREAT job with keeping Andrew happy. I'm so grateful for the help - it has made a huge difference!Eric digging to China!
6 years ago





1 comment:
It's good to know we aren't the only slow ones getting our garden in! We also planted lots of hot peppers, 28 plants! It's all for the hot sauce James likes to make. I just hope I can keep up with the weeds the next two months!
Post a Comment