Be not afraid, only believe.  From Creative LDS Images on facebook

Sep 9, 2010

It's a Celebration!

Abby sure had a great birthday!! She had many celebrations - it made it a fun birthday for sure!

On her birthday - I met her at school for lunch. It was fun to sit with the kids from her class and kind of see who she hangs out with and what they all eat (and don't eat!) Abby LOVES taking home lunch - she ate school lunch for three days, then begged to take home lunch everyday! I'm ok with that - at least I know what she's eating :)

I went to her class at the end of the day to take a treat - and they sang me the cute birthday song! I loved it!!! Her class is great - and her teacher is fantastic!




That night we went to my mom's house to have a birthday party for Abby. My grandparents and my sister and her family came along with my parents. It was a great little party!! I made her a barbie cake - and her class gave her this cute poster for her birthday.

She got roller blades, crafts, art supplies, money and some DS games.
Blowing out the candles!
We had to go get our free sundae at DQ too... Although Abby told us next time she just wants a Dilly Bar (I don't know if you can get that instead of the sundae - but maybe next time we'll try) Or maybe I'll get a dilly bar and trade her for her sundae!!! That's a better plan LOL...
On Saturday, Abby had her friend party. She helped me decorate her cake. I have to teach her young! :) Andrew had fun watching us.
We had 9 friends over for her afternoon party. We played in the sprinklers, the pool, searched for buried treasure (shells) in the sandbox, made shell imprints in play dough and played with the play dough. Then we had cake and ice cream and opened presents. It was so fun!! Abby loved it and I enjoyed hosting it as well. There's nothing more rewarding than seeing your child interact with other children and be a gracious host and a good friend!
Abby and her group of friends :)

the sprinkler! We had to hook it up to our sprinkler system to get enough pressure - our hose has no pressure at all!!!
Her birthday cake was a treasure chest - this was seriously the easiest cake... and the kids loved the candy inside - note to anyone who does this cake: have enough of the ring pops and candy necklaces for everyone - I didn't... and we had to have a long discussion to figure out who should get what! whoops!

On Monday we took the kids miniature golfing. Abby actually got the hang of it after a while - Eric just wanted to drag the ball around with his putter. It was really fun to watch them play and have fun. Abby got a hole in two - not bad for a seven year old! :)
It was a fun day - Chris and i enjoyed the time with the kids - Andrew was ok for us, but he sure didn't want to be left out of the action and wanted us to carry him around instead of staying in his stroller... poor little guy!
On Tuesday when Abby went back to school, they had to draw a picture of what they did over the weekend. Abby drew us miniature golfing- forget the birthday - this was her highlight! :) I had to laugh. I definitely like the stroller she drew - I LOVE the pictures she brings home and the stories they tell. (and no I was not wearing a skirt while mini golfing :) )

3 comments:

Tammy said...

Wow!! That's a lot of fun birthday stuff. How fun to eat lunch at school and celebrate. You're a good (and motivated) Mom. I love seeing Andrew on the counter in his chair. That too is a brilliant idea. Thanks for sharing, and Happy Birthday Abby!

Anonymous said...

What a party! Sounds like you had lots of fun. I love her mini golf picture! I think she inherited some talent from her mama. Pass some this way, eh? And cute cake!! What a great idea. You are such a fabulous mom. See you soon!

The Tilley Turf said...

Sounds like you had TONS of fun! I love that treasure chest birthday cake, that is really super cute. My kids have a hard time eating their birthday banana splits, too. I think they are just way too much! The video of Abby's class was fun to watch, I'm glad you included that!