
On Friday morning as I was at the gym working out, I saw something very cool on the news. They were telling about the Monster Truck show in town at the energy solutions arena. I thought - seriously! Eric would LOVE this... We've been reading all about Monster Trucks in a book he got at the book fair a few weeks ago. Even I was interested after reading the book. So - when I came home, I looked it up and Chris and I decided it would be fun to go see what it was all about.
NOW - IF YOU HAVE EVER BEEN TO A MONSTER TRUCK SHOW - YOU WILL UNDERSTAND WHY FOR THE REST OF MY BLOG I HAVE TO YELL AT YOU AS I WRITE THIS... :)
MONSTER TRUCKS ARE TOTALLY AWESOME! THEY ROCK YOUR WORLD. ERIC WAS LOVING IT - ABBY ENDURED IT. THAT'S FAIR- IT'S USUALLY THE OTHER WAY AROUND. LUCKILY MY MOM WAS NICE ENOUGH TO TAKE ANDREW SO HE DIDN'T LOOSE ANY HEARING!!!
WE ALL WORE EAR PLUGS - IT WAS SO SO SO LOUD - YOU COULD FEEL THE WHOLE ARENA SHAKE AS THE TRUCKS ROARED THEIR ENGINES.
ERIC'S FAVORITE PART OF THE SHOW WAS WATCHING 'GRAVE DIGGER'. HE WAS PRETTY AWESOME, UNTIL HE TURNED HIMSELF OVER ON A JUMP!
ABBY'S FAVORITE PART OF THE SHOW WERE THE TRICKS THE SNOWMOBILES DID. (they had a ramp and had snow mobiles do tricks off the jump - one even did a back flip - it totally made me sick to my stomach to watch).
MY FAVORITE PART WAS THE SMALLEST CAR THAT SHOT OUT FIRE AND HUGE AMOUNTS OF EXHAUST - IT EVEN BLEW THE JERSEYS AT THE TOP OF THE ARENA. IT WAS SO COOL - AND WE COULD FEEL THE HEAT EVEN IN OUR SEATS - THAT'S SAYING A LOT!!!
HERE ARE SOME AWESOME MONSTER TRUCK FACTS:
BOB CHANDLER CREATED THE FIRST MONSTER TRUCK BY CONTINUALLY MAKING HIS TRUCK BIGGER AND STRONGER -
MONSTER TRUCKS CAN JUMP MORE THAN 20 FEET IN THE AIR
MONSTER TRUCK MOTORS CAN BE 6 TIMES MORE POWERFUL THAN CAR ENGINES
THEY BURN ALMOST ONE GALLON OF FUEL EACH SECOND!!!
THEY WEIGH NEARLY 10,000 POUNDS - AS HEAVY AS AN ELEPHANT.
THEIR TIRES ARE AT LEAST 66 INCHES HIGH (5.5 FEET), AND EACH ONE CAN WEIGH 900 POUNDS!
THE STEERING WHEEL TURNS THE FRONT TIRES, AND A SPECIAL LEVER IS USED TO STEER THE BACK TIRES (SO THE TRUCK CAN MAKE TIGHTER TURNS)
MONSTER TRUCKS HAVE A PLEXIGLAS FLOOR SO THE DRIVER CAN SEE WHEN HE MAKES A WHEELIE.
I learned a lot - and had a LOT of fun being with the family. Eric has already been playing monster trucks with all his cars and trucks. I love his sound effects the best... nice and loud! Eric says he wants to be a monster truck driver when he grows up... hopefully just as a hobby :)
6 years ago





1 comment:
Thomas sure had a fun time with you guys. Thanks for inviting him! He loved the car that shot out fire too. He told me he was worried about the people who were closer to the car because you guys could feel the heat from so far away. He hopes they weren't hurt. Thanks for sharing the pictures!
Post a Comment