Be not afraid, only believe.  From Creative LDS Images on facebook

Feb 26, 2011

Princess for a Day!

Honestly - maybe turning 30 isn't so bad!!


I just had the best birthday I have ever had so far...

It all started two weeks ago, when I started getting letters in the mail - yes SNAIL mail. I haven't had this much snail mail in ages. I got letters from all my family members, including Chris' family - and lots of mail from Chris!! It was so fun. It felt like I was in Russia again or Chris was on his mission again sending me mail.I laughed, cried and just thoroughly enjoyed each nice thing that was sent to me!! I felt like Fillmore when he said, "There's a lot of love out there, you know man!" (this link takes you to another website - just hit back when it finishes...sorry, I couldn't figure out how to just have it on here....) (Link) View more Paul Dooley Sound Clips and Sarge Sound Clips
Thanks everyone for sending me mail... it really made my day...for two whole weeks!

My actual birthday was amazing too - Chris really went all out this year for me. He threw me a surprise party with our whole family and a childhood friend...

Then we went shopping for a dress for me. I seriously haven't had a new dress for so long - it was something I really wanted. Chris really sacrificed to do this for me. He gave up watching an AWESOME BYU game, and he gave up playing ball with his brothers. If you know how into BYU the Bradley's are, you will understand the sacrifice...and you will also understand the message he was giving me. I was more important than BYU to him, I felt pretty darn special!!!!!!!!!!

After shopping at many many, TOO many different stores and finding everything that didn't fit, was too short, too low cut, or too tight... we finally found something that was just right :) Thanks Chris for the thoughtful gift of new clothing, and jewelry!!
After shopping for too long ;) we went to dinner at my absolute favorite restaurant - Red Lobster. I live for eating coconut shrimp and their rolls.... YUMMY!!

It's a little hard to leave the 20's behind... I keep thinking of everything I did in my 20's -
  • I went to Russia, Finland, Sweden, and China
  • I got a bachelors degree in Liberal Arts at Utah State
  • I got married
  • I had three children
  • We bought our first home
So - it's a little hard to think of how I will be able to top that in my 30's... but I guess I will try :)

4 comments:

Sharla said...

Happy birthday Maria!! My 30th is coming up too. It's good to see that it can be such a great event. :) The 20's are a time of a lot of changes. Good luck making your 30's great too!

The Tilley Turf said...

Happy Birthday Maria! I'm glad everything turned out and you liked it! I love the new dress, that is so super cute. I can relate with how hard it is to find a new dress. Terry's parents buy me a new one every Easter and I honestly think that is the hardest, yet most enjoyable thing I do all year!

Ann said...

You look fantastic in your new outfit! I love the colors. Thanks for letting us share your birthday with you!

Heather said...

LOVE your new outfit! Glad you had the best day ever...you deserve it! You have had lots going on w/ sick kiddos and all! :) Man, hope Eric gets better soon!! Love the monster truck post. Rich and I went to one years ago before kids. I would love to take the kids to one now. Tell everyone HI!!