After an entire week of no doctors - I didn't know what to post about! I feel like this has become a medical blog... oh well - that's our stage of life right now I guess. Here's what we've all been up to the last week or so... Eric - no real update on Eric. He doesn't have his croup anymore, I guess that's a good update. He has been SUCH a trooper as I have carted him around to all the doctors appointments in the last little while. He is such a patient guy and is a great listener. He is my right hand man right now - always helping around the house and with Andrew. When I'm doing the dishes he asks - Can I dry those for you mom? I sure hope that lasts through the years! His favorite thing to do right now is play the Wii. He LOVES gaming... and he could be glued to the T.V. all day if allowed to be!
Abby had her red elbow cast removed the day after Andrew's surgery. She was very nervous about the saw, until the doctor showed her how it worked.
She was very very glad to have the elbow cast off and get the new shorter blue version on. Her arm is healing really really well - we are so grateful! On Sunday my cousin asked her what she did to her arm. She looked at her arms and said, "nothing." I think she forgets that her cast is even there sometimes. It sure has helped to have the waterproof cast that she can get wet and do everything by herself. She is getting sick of the cast - but I honestly haven't heard her complain one bit about it slowing her down or being in the way. Who knows - she may be left handed after this!
Andrew is doing great. His surgery seems to have really really helped him. We went to the doctor yesterday and his ears are still drained, and the tubes are working GREAT! We also went and had another hearing test -since he failed the hearing test before the surgery. He passed this time! YEAH!!! He has seriously been such a happier little guy since his surgery. He talks a lot more too - it has been so fun. We are now starting crawling boot camp! Watch out world... I hope this works! :) There's good incentives - as you can see in the video. We'll see if it works at all, but I figure it can't hurt!
As for me... I have been making cakes. Friday I made cupcakes and a basketball cake for my nephew's second birthday. 
Saturday we made a quick trip to Preston, Idaho for a McKay family reunion - good times, sorry no pictures...
Sunday I made more cakes... for my Grandma's 90th birthday party. I made three cakes, and decorated them in her favorite color - yellow.
We had a fun birthday party for her - with lots of family and friends. I really can't believe she is 90! She and Grandpa are sure amazing. Grandpa is 95 now - and they are an amazingly spry couple for their ages!! I hope I have some of those genes!!!
Here's a picture of the family with Grandma and Grandpa - great grandma and grandpa to Abby, Eric and Andrew.
It was a busy week - luckily no one had to visit the doctor... I hope to keep that going for a while now! :)
6 years ago





2 comments:
Wow you have been busy and the cakes are beautiful! We sure enjoyed some of those basketball cupcakes!
Love the cakes!! But I really love Andrew. That boot camp is awesome! What a great idea, and he seemed to love it. He'll probably be crawling by next week with that kind of incentive. And now you know why he's not crawling, Eric just gets him what he wants so there's no need. :)
Post a Comment