The last few weeks have been a whirlwind of activities... It all started the first week of May, and probably won't be ending until the end of June for us...but it's been a fun busy time!
We've participated in the YW/YM activity THE AMAZING RACE. It was an all day event put on by the Young Women President (and her helpers). Chris was in charge of the golf part of it, and I was in charge of making all the airline tickets and putting together a video of all the pictures through the day. It was a lot of work - but the youth really seemed to love it. I could probably fill a whole post just on this - but I'll spare you - unless you want to do it in your ward ;)Eric's been playing soccer (when it isn't raining). He is loving his team and having fun kicking the ball around! It is hilarious to watch - that's for sure!!!
Abby started gymnastics - but I don't have any pictures of that yet...I sewed two dresses for the upcoming Bradley wedding (in June). I am always amazed that something that looks like this....
can turn into this! .... It should be cute - and fun to wear. I also put together a little dress for Abby to make, but I haven't taken a picture of that yet either. You'll soon see it in the wedding blog...We continued our yearly tradition of going to the chalk art festival in Bountiful. I am always so inspired by these beautiful drawings. Someday my goal is to enter this art festival...but...I always say next year. I at least got all the information about how to enter and such this year - but it was being held the same day as the Amazing Race - so I couldn't do it. Perhaps I'll do it next year - and I will amaze you all :) You can help me figure out what to draw!
I made a cake for my nieces first birthday. It was fun to create... the rubber duckies were darling. I made a big cake for the family to eat - and a little one for my niece to destroy :) BTW - the bubbles are gumballs, just in case you were wondering.
Andrew has started making some pretty awesome messes. The other day I got in the shower. I had JUST put a new roll of toilet paper on the ring. I heard Andrew spinning it as I was in the shower, but I thought that since it was a new roll, and hadn't been unraveled at all, that it would be safe... HAHAHA.. the ENTIRE roll was on the floor when I got out of the shower. :( Ya - now we are using the roll from a basket. There was no way I was going to roll it all back on. Oh - and just in case you didn't already know this -just a hint... take the poopy diapers out immediately and don't put them in the trash can in Andrew's room to take out later... Just while I was typing this post - he pulled it out of his trash can, opened it, and smeared it all over the door. I knew I should have just taken it out, but I didn't listen to that still small voice!!! Don't make the same mistake as me....
And the biggest event (so far) happened today! Derik had his farewell talk. He did an amazing job - and he's going to be an awesome missionary. Good luck Derik - I hope your last few days at home are great!!!I'll try to stay on top of some of these big events so you don't have to read tiny snippets of them all in one post! :) Some things to look forward to - Farewell dinner, a Bradley/Martin wedding, Ragnar and Girls Camp!!! whew... I hope I make it!
6 years ago





1 comment:
I am afraid we have a had a couple of those toilet paper incidents at our house as well....! The cake looked amazing and you should definitley enter the chalk festival next year. I would be happy to give you the colors you need while you made the masterpiece! :)
Post a Comment