Be not afraid, only believe.  From Creative LDS Images on facebook

Jun 27, 2011

Girls Camp

Well- I survived a week of girls camp. I'm still trying to recover some sleep, but that will take a few days!! It was a great week at the Heber Valley Camp. What a beautiful place. I think it would be so fun to have a family reunion there sometime!

On Monday morning we were bused up to Heber Valley, on school buses. I think those things get more and more uncomfortable the older I get! But I was so grateful to not have to drive that it didn't matter!


I love how random girls camp is... skits that don't make sense, games that are off the wall, and just a lot of silliness mixed in with some craziness. It's fun though - and it is well balanced by the spiritual side too. It is amazing how many spiritual experiences you can add to a week like that too. And the girls really have to overcome some challenges of being away from home, eating foods that are different, and not having the comforts they are used to. It was a great week!
I got to be the leader that went on the overnight hike. It was only about a 3 mile hike with our packs, then we slept under the stars, and came back. We had tinfoil dinners..and a granola bar for breakfast. :) So - there wasn't a whole lot of heavy packing - but it was a challenge for most of the girls. Sleeping under the stars was amazing. I was too tired to enjoy if fully - but I did for about 5 seconds before falling into a coma of restless tossing and turning :) My camera died before the end of camp - which was a bummer. But we had such a great time. Our camp director - Lisa - was just a BLAST. She was so funny, and so energetic. She did SO much for the girls - she really made the camp wonderful. I'm sure she will be dead for the next month from all the work she put into camp. What an example for me - I hope I always remember that!!!The girls favorite part of camp was definitely 'KID HISTORY'. Lisa brought her computer up to the camp - and let the girls watch all four episodes - now five (one more came out while we were at camp). S0 - enjoy my favorite episode.... this is super delicious! Ya - it's pretty funny after you watch it and then hear all the girls repeat it and repeat it and repeat it. Maybe you just had to be there! Enjoy!

No comments: