Be not afraid, only believe.  From Creative LDS Images on facebook

Jul 5, 2011

Holiday!

Our holiday fun started early this year. My brother and his family came into town EARLY Thursday morning...as in 3am... and they still wanted to hit Lagoon :) So - off to Lagoon we went. Abby had a blast going on all the rides. She's big enough to go with all the big kids now, without having to have an adult sit with her - scary thought! :) She loved it - but did end up getting a headache after so many rides!
Eric was in heaven. I stayed in kiddie land with him, Blue Grant, and Kaden. They had a great time together.
I got a great picture of some of the kids on tidal wave...
Here's a close up - their faces are great!!
This was Eric and Blue's favorite ride!
Eric and I... hanging out - he didn't like the big kid rides so sometimes we just waited for the others to get off.
Eric, Kaden and Blue on their favorite ride again.
Grandpa with some of the grandkids - He loves coming to Lagoon and riding the rides with all the grandkids.
Now onto July 1st...

We went to the Centerville fireworks. They were awesome, and we got some of the best seats in the house!!
Eric and Kaden hanging out. Eric sure couldn't sit still. He jumped the entire fireworks show - he was so excited.
Abby being silly... typical!
Andrew loved the fireworks!
JULY 2nd...
The morning of July 2nd, Chris and I ran the Centerville 5k. We run it almost every year. It's a fun way to start out the holiday - and it makes you feel like you can eat more taffy that they throw at the parade :) lol...
This year Abby and Eric both ran the race. Abby ran the 1/2 mile. She said she was going to die - but she finished! Eric ran the 1/4 mile (or so it says) but it's more like the 100 meter dash with kids getting trampled and all. I couldn't even see Eric when all the kids ran past - so I didn't get a picture of him... bummer. Maybe next year when we put him in the 1/2 mile!

We went to the West Bountiful Parade with all the family - it was great.
Here is our huge group.. it's so fun to have family in town. We really missed my other brother and his family! It would have been a fun birthday for him :)
After we went to the parade, Chris, Abby, Eric, Andrew and I drove up to Zarahemla for a Neil Bradley reunion. I didn't take many pictures - but the ones I got were priceless... We had a huge water slide on the hill there - and Thomas and Eric ran up the hill about a million times. They really wore themselves out! (obviously) We had dinner right after - and neither one of them made it through dinner - they just crashed. It was pretty funny.

We put Eric on a couch after he almost fell off his chair. That's when Andrew found him. I wish I would have gotten the video of Andrew pulling his face the first time he did it - it was even funnier - but this is what he was doing to poor Eric...and still Eric doesn't even flinch! Ya - he was tired.





Sunday July 3rd we just went to church... After church - Eric was being a pill. So I sent him to his room for some quiet time. This is how I found him. I think he was still tired!
Sunday night we went to my sister's neighborhood fireworks show. It was a fun family event :)
Monday July 4th.

We went with everyone up to Brighton Ski resort. We had a picnic at Silver Lake, after the boys did a little service project of digging this table out of the ground so we could sit on it. All the snow really buried it in the ground - but it was easy for these buff Jacobson boys to dig it out!
Here's Blue Grant enjoying lunch!
Hyrum and Jarom (the twins), with Blue, Dane and Eric climbing the rocks.
Abby on our hike around Silver Lake. She was having lots of fun with cousins. Notice the shorts!
After the lake - we headed to the ski resort. We put on all our snow gear...and went sledding. Yep - that's a little different to do on the 4th of July eh? :)
Eric really did have fun... I promise :)
Everyone had a great time sledding down the patches of snow, and creating paths to send the sleds down.
Here's all the kids on the ski lift. We sure had a great time - the kids especially loved it. Even if they did get quite wet.
Andrew enjoyed watching - so did I :) Chris got in on the action - he was a great help with the path making ;)
Abby Mckenna and Sara on the ski lift being silly.

After sledding we headed up to the Davis High fireworks. It was a little warmer! We had a great time being together as a family!
Abby loved the sparklers - as usual.
Eric and Blue being silly..

We've had a great time together. It sure is fun when family comes to town. I wish we could enjoy each other more often! But - at least we get to be together a little!!!

No comments: