Be not afraid, only believe.  From Creative LDS Images on facebook

Jul 11, 2011

aebleskivers

On Saturday I found this awesome Aebleskiver pan at a garage sale my neighbor was having. She had never used the pan! I couldn't believe it! I was so excited. I grew up having these Danish treats! My grandpa is pure Danish - both of his parents came to America from Denmark, then met here and had 12 children. So - this is part of my heritage! (not the part of having 12 children... just the Danish ancestory! ) These take quite a while to make, but they are so worth it!! I found a great youtube to teach how to cook these puppies, they take a lot of patience, but aren't they beautiful??


Abby and Eric were so excited to have a fun dinner - they wanted to 'decorate' the table. They got our a table cloth and carefully set the table so nicely while I cooked. They were very cute about it. Abby wanted to put a center piece of fruit in the middle of the table - but we just don't have room when we are eating - sorry Abby!
Andrew enjoyed the chocolate chips that his siblings kept sneaking to him before dinner! That's one of the fillings I used- 3-4 chocolate chips inside a danish pancake. I also did some with softened apples - they were delicious!
If you ever want a fun treat - these are very unique! You definitely have to have the pan to make these, it's not something you can create otherwise. And now I don't have to borrow my parents pan!! Yeah!!!

start watching this movie at 1:38 - that is where they teach how to cook it. The first minute and a half is him mixing the batter - but he uses a aebliskiver flour - which you could probably find in a Danish store, but not just anywhere. It's better to just find a recipe you like online :)

1 comment:

Lisa and Lance said...

I have never heard of these, they look delicious though. We will have to make some up for girls night or something. I would love to try them! Yummy!