We made it to Timpanogas Cave today - just for the fun of it. We had it on our summer list of things to do. It was very interesting to say the least - especially for Eric. Poor little guy can't get a break! It started off on the drive, we got to the fee station for the canyon, and Eric says - "I'm going to throw up!" We hurried and gave him a barf bag (EVERYONE should keep one of these in the car - they've saved us twice now!!!) and then pulled over to help his stomach settle. On to the cave!!
We got to the cave a little early - but we were glad. We just took our time hiking up, taking breaks, looking at the view - everything was so beautiful and at 8:30 in the morning it was even just a bit chilly still. The kids had a great time hiking up at our slow pace!
Inside the cave was really neat. Andrew had a hard time with the darkness,
and the confinement and Eric had another fiasco. You see, he will NOT go potty in a port a potty. He just can't make himself do it until he has to go so bad he has no choice. So - while everyone else went to the restroom right before the cave, Eric claimed he didn't need to go - but really he did! So - halfway through the cave, he was whimpering in pain because he couldn't hold it any longer. We didn't know what to do. Finally the tour guide asked us if something was wrong and we told her. She gave us a urine bag. Who knew!?? So - we stayed behind and helped him go - he was so grateful!!!!! (and so were we) I think that is another bag we are going to have to add to our must haves for trips! (especially for Eric)
After that adventure the kids really enjoyed the cave - and all it's wonders. It didn't seem as glamorous as when I went as a kid - but I think it did seem awesome to the kids. I really didn't have time to see all the wonders between worrying about Andrew and Eric and trying to keep little fingers off the rocks! But it was fun to be together as a family!
Andrew crashed as soon as we got out of the cave. He was so tired!!
The hike down was much easier - and we had a fun time strolling down.
When we got to the bottom, we had a fun little picnic and just enjoyed being together. All in all, it was a great family day (except for a few minor set backs :)
Eric and Abby enjoying their fruit by the foot.
6 years ago





3 comments:
why can't I comment?
Many have said they can't comment on my blog anymore - and I'm trying to figure out what is going on - sometimes it will let people - sometimes it won't... not sure why?? I can't figure it out!
Hope this works...a urine bag! Wow, they are prepared. I wonder if Eric will be ok going into a bag instead of a out house. It guess it's a little less intimidating. Be sure to not let future dates know about that one, lol.
Post a Comment