Be not afraid, only believe.  From Creative LDS Images on facebook

Jan 2, 2012

Goals....

Each year we make goals for our family. I've always done this, but I haven't always been successful. About three years ago now, we had a combined FHE about goal planning. We made posters for our homes at that FHE, and it was so fun to have our goals posted in our hallway - staring at us, just begging us to complete them. So - because that was so successful, we've done it every year since. Each year our goals seem to get more and more detailed...and we have more and more we want to accomplish - but they are things we think are important, and having a reminder up in the hallway really helps. This is the most successful way I've ever done goal planning.

This year we decided to get the kids involved. So - we sat down with them, and asked them what they want to accomplish.
This is Abby's - she did it all by herself: (she is still learning how to spell :) It reads:
Abby's Goals
Read the Book of Mormon
Make 100 dollars
Learn to sew
Learn to draw princesses -in the circles she has names of the ones she wants to draw
Learn to draw Disney characters -in the circles she has names of the ones she wants to draw
Learn to cook - scrambled eggs, cake, pudding, chicken noodle soup,cheese sandwiches, spinach soup, and cookies.
Invite my friends to our home - she drew a house for the number of visits she wants

I love how she wants to learn so much. I guess that means I'll be teaching a lot this year :) Or maybe Grandma's can help out on some of these!! (or talented Aunts!)

Eric's Goals:
Learn to set up a tent
learn the Alphabet
Learn to draw a shirt
Learn to write my name
Learn to write #s 1-10
Learn to fix a bike
Earn a 100 dollars
Learn how to play golf with my dad
Learn how to measure

I think Eric is finally ready to go to Kindergarten - he wants to start learning about a lot of things! It's fun to hear him say he wants to learn how to measure, or fix a bike. Rather random - but I'm sure we can get it done!! I did suggest the alphabet, name and #s just to get him ready for kindergarten!

I won't write all of our goals - but if you ever come to our house, you can see them posted in our hallway :) Some of them are:
Exercise!
Monthly Temple visit
Monthly Date night
visiting teaching/home teaching
Get our roof fixed
Go on a family vacation
Family Prayer

This years list is quite long - but I know that we can accomplish it, because we put it up where we can see our progress and mark it off as we go. I love a new year - it's such a fresh start and it's time to get going!!!

So - Happy New Year Everyone!!!

1 comment:

Jocelyn Christensen said...

This is awesome and sooo cute! I need to put our goals in a common and very visible place too! Good luck! I'm sure you'll do great...again!