On Monday I took Eric in to our ezcema doctor because he's had a sore on the back of his leg for about two weeks. It looked like a big pimple, and we weren't sure if it might be a spider bite, or something else. We thought it would go away, but it just started getting redder and redder. It was in the middle of a big patch of ezcema, so we decided to get it checked out. The doctor said it was an opportunistic staph infection. Which means, he picked the staph up because he has open skin with his eczema. I guess it's common with eczema to get extra sores and such because your skin does not completely close. It isn't contagious, unless he rubs it on someone else who has eczema.. which I don't think is very likely. So - antibiotic, Clorox baths, and trying to keep his eczema under control should heal it and keep it from coming back... cross our fingers!
Tuesday I was on the floor with Andrew. I went to stand up and my knee popped really loudly. It's been popping for about a week every time I stand up, but I didn't think anything of it, because it was only slightly tender - nothing too painful. But Tuesday's pop was different. After it popped, it hurt to put any weight on it. I was so frustrated. It was just painful all the time after that - so Wednesday I got into a sports medicine doctor. He said it was a torn MCL. Which thankfully isn't too serious - and can heal on it's own with the help of a brace, and not running for a while. :( I can still use the elliptical and the bike - so that's good - but no running for about 4 weeks or so. I got a fancy brace - and was told to go home and ice it, and try not to use it too excessively (but he did say he knows how that goes with kids!) It isn't awful - just annoying.... I really didn't want to do this to myself right now!
I didn't realize how much I actually use my MCL - honestly - even pushing the gas pedal hurts because you have to twist your leg slightly to reach the gas. Pushing the break is much more comfortable - now you'll have to notice that when your driving... and be grateful for your MCL!
6 years ago





3 comments:
Wow, you are right, what a week! Sounds like you have some very smart doctors. I'm glad they could help you out!
Well, how crappy is this? Sorry. Thank goodness things weren't worse. It's always something isn't it?
Wow, Maria, so much happens that Mom and Dad Bradley are unaware of. I have got to call you more often!!!! Hope it heals soon.
Post a Comment