Be not afraid, only believe.  From Creative LDS Images on facebook

May 20, 2012

Pioneer Activity

 Saturday we went to a Pioneer Activity called "Iowa City".  It was a prep day for our upcoming family trek in June.  We had so much fun!  The kids looked so cute in their pioneer outfits, especially little Andrew.  He was just a character. 
 The kids especially loved pulling taffy, riding in the handcart and playing pioneer games.  Lunch was also amazing - potluck stews and soups with lots of yummy desserts, salads, rolls...  it was great!
 little e was cute - he usually doesn't like getting dressed up in pants and a long sleeve shirt but he didn't complain at all!  He really had a great time.
 Abby had a blast with all the other little girls there - they ran around playing games and just having fun being little kids.
 I was put in charge of picture taking - it is fun to capture the moments that make memories.  I hope I got enough pictures :)  I'm sure it will suffice for the activity. 
 Another shot of Eric -
 And Andrew - my little shadow.  He just followed me around as I took pictures.  He was so fun.
 Chris and Andrew.  Chris had a good time helping put seats on buckets, make a lantern, and help wherever needed.
 Playing Pioneer games in the field.
Pushing the handcart.

We are so excited to go on Trek together as a family.  I have never been, but Chris went as a youth.  We think it will be a great opportunity for our kids. It might be a little hard with Andrew, but I think he'll have a great time too.  I can't wait!

1 comment:

Lisa and Lance said...

How fun is that!! You all look so cute in your pioneer get-up. Such a fun thing to do as a family. I wish we did that here, it would be fun. Looks like you guys are ready to go!