Chris and I went to the doctor today for our big ultrasound. I am now 19 weeks along. Yeah - just at the half way mark... 4 1/2 months down 4 1/2 to go.... sometimes I feel like I have been pregnant forever! I don't think the miscarriage helped with that feeling!! I have been pregnant on and off since December... so I should feel like it's been longer than 4 1/2 months right! :)
The ultrasound tech was awesome. She got us right in and got right to showing us the baby. Our little boy was moving and squirming around. It was hard not to chuckle as we watched him do acrobatics.
Everything looks really good the tech said - 4 chamber heart, 3 vein umbilical cord, brain looks good, he even had a full bladder that he emptied while we were watching. That was pretty crazy :) It's totally amazing to me to be able to see all of this.
He measures 2 days ahead of schedule :) I'll take as many days as they give me! So, the ultrasound due date is December 18, the doctors due date is December 20th. But we'll cross that bridge in December!
It's so comforting to go and see the baby moving, to hear that it's doing well, and growing like it should. I know I need to stop worrying, but I still worry and wonder if everything will go ok. But it's getting so exciting to see the progress and to know I have a beautiful little miracle inside me. I am so humbled that this is possible. Every child is such a miracle! I love to watch the movie of the baby moving, waving his hand and seeing his legs and feet - such a miracle. I wish I could have just sat in the ultrasound room and watched it longer. I guess I'll have to wait until December!
1 comment:
Yay! Glad all went well! Can't wait to meet this little guy!
Post a Comment