Chris' little sister asked if I would come to her young women's and teach them how to draw stick figures - with chalk. I love chalk - I love stick figures - so it worked out fine for me. I hope they learned something - I'm not sure I'm the best teacher ;)
Even the leaders had a good time drawing with chalk. I love this little girl with a cat!
They seemed to enjoy coloring in the lines - kind of like a giant coloring book on the sidewalk. I think it turned out really cute, with all those fun colors!
Here are the girls that came that night - I hope they had fun! I know I did.
After they left, Abby and Eric were just so inspired they had to do their own chalk art. Eric diligently drew his own mural to fill in. Abby wanted to make a stick figure. a REALLY BIG ONE...
Here is Eric next to his masterpiece
And Abby next to her lovely mermaid
it was a great night - I love chalk art and I love when my kids unabashedly color and draw. I hope they never fear not being good enough - because everyone is an artist!!





2 comments:
You are amazing, Maria!! Holy cow. What a fun activity. I can't believe Abby drew that mermaid. You guys need to come give me a lesson or two or five hundred. I think I'm beyond help when it comes to art. :)
That is so cool! I love all the art, I wish I was better at it. It looks fun! Abby is amazing too! Looks like she is going to take after you! :)
Post a Comment