Be not afraid, only believe.  From Creative LDS Images on facebook

Jul 19, 2012

Bradley Family Reunion

 This year Chris and I were in charge of the annual Bradley Family Reunion.  This is no small undertaking! We now have 20 adults (age 12 and above), 8 children (ages 3-12), and 5 toddlers/babies (0-3). So that's 33 people in total.  We changed up the dates this year - having it on Monday through Wednesday instead of our usual weekend times. 

 We started the Reunion on Monday July 16th.  We had a great dutch oven lunch!  We had the best dutch oven potatoes I've ever had!  I'd like some more right now!!  The BBQ chicken was also delicious.  It turned out great - even though we ended up waiting longer than we thought - that's dutch oven for you!!!
This year I did something new.  I had everyone send me their favorite song. I put them all onto a CD and made a cover.  Throughout the reunion we listened to the songs and tried to decide who picked it. It was so fun!  Next time, I'd like to add songs from the grandchildren - that would be fun too!  Everyone went home with a new mixed CD of the families favorite songs. It really turned out to be a great CD to listen to. I'm glad everyone sent me a song!

 The cabin at Bear Lake has the perfect sand box and play area for the kids - they were totally entertained!  And we didn't have to worry about them wondering off.
 Waiting for lunch in the lovely cool weather.



 After lunch, we headed down to the lake for an afternoon of soaking up the sun. Everyone had a great time jumping on the trampoline and playing in the warm water.


 Dad Bradley taking a little snooze.
 
 Natalie and Scott having a water fight.
 The kids playing on the trampoline.
 Abby and Andrew playing with their new water toys.

 Becky and Tyson, Jenny and McKaylee, Natalie and Miles playing on the ramp - perfect for sitting on!
 Singing Happy Birthday to Eric and Miles who both have a birthday on July 16th! Happy 6th birthday Eric, Happy 2nd birthday Miles!!!
 Miles enjoying his birthday cupcake!
 Eric enjoying his birthday cupcake!
 More cupcakes!  Jenny and McKaylee
 Lego cupcakes - close up
 Andrew and Chris enjoying the sand
 Brett and Miles having a water fight.
 Andrew enjoying the waves... he LOVED the water.
 Chris and Andrew
 Natalie and McKaylee relaxing on the water
 Andrew enjoying getting splashed with water - he seriously was having so much fun with this.
 He loved getting drenched!  Silly guy
 McKaylee and Hailey relaxing on the water.
 The full trampoline - it was fun to play on, especially when the big kids took it out into deeper water so they could jump into the water.


 We came back to the cabin when the clouds rolled in.  We started a fire to cook our hot dogs on...but were quickly informed by the neighbors that no fires are allowed right now, even in fire pits - so we took our hot dogs inside and cooked them on the stove.  They were still good - but it was sad not to have a fire! 
  
Ann entertained the kids with bubbles while we waited for hot dogs. 
  
The storm rolled in, the wind started blowing quite hard and we almost lost a few tents...  we thought we were in for quite a storm.  It was a good storm, but luckily it wasn't as bad as we heard it might be. 
  

 Natalie and Brett
  

After dinner we had Family Home Evening in the cabin, since it was raining outside.  Abby was so scared of the wind she was sick from anxiety. Poor girl!  
Lisa and Lance gave a great FHE about the tender mercies of the Lord. They based their FHE on the talk given by Elder Bednar. It's a great talk and we had a great discussion about the tender mercies in our lives right now. We are all very blessed and it was good to hear about how the Lord has given each of us something to hold onto in the tough times!
After FHE we celebrated the July birthdays - Eric, Miles and Brian.  Brian and Sharon brought up an ice cream cake from Dairy Queen!  YUMMY!!  It was delicious, even a little melted!! 
  
 I think the birthday boys felt very special!
 

 Tuesday:
Tuesday morning we got up to a beautiful clear day!  Eric and Miles opened their birthday presents and played with them all morning.  Eric got a bow and arrow, Miles got a new bubble lawn mower. They were both very happy!  We had cereal and fruit for breakfast.





Andrew always has a smile for the camera!
 

I think Miles mowed the entire lawn!  Too bad it didn't really work :)


Mom and Dad Bradley gave our morning devotional.  They talked about Counting our Blessings, and finding the good in all the tough times.  I still can't believe how much laundry mom did when she had all 12 kids living at home... I'm still thinking about that! 
 Licorice anyone?
 
 Lisa doing Kellilyn's hair
Andrew plugging his ears while we sang "Count your Many Blessings"  I've always known my voice was bad - but I now have a complex because all of my children have told me to stop singing or plugged their ears...how can you not have a complex after that? :)

The kids enjoying the basketball court


 FAMILY PHOTO
all 13 grandchildren with Grandma and Grandpa

And look how excited everyone is to be at the reunion!




Next we had craft time.  The kids made Popsicle stick airplanes and dragon flies. They got to paint and put glitter on them! They seemed to enjoy that.
 I don't know any kid that doesn't enjoy painting!

 The adults made melted crayon canvas'.  They really seemed to get into this project. 
Scott and Bryson's
 Abby's plate creation
 Kimberly and Kellilyn's creation before melting

 Brian and Sharon melting their creation

 Ann and James forming their pattern
Brian and Sharon's melted picture
Jenny melting hers
Kim and Kelli's creation 
 The kids creations...

Becky and Terry gluing on crayons

 Chris keeping the little ones happy
 Here is a sample of our creations!
  
After our craft we had an early lunch of meat sandwiches, chips and carrots! YUM.
Then we were off to the lake once again.

Miles and Tyson playing with a bucket of water
 
Eric enjoying the sand

 Kira and Breckan swimming in the water

Miles and Ann enjoying the warm sunshine
  
I didn't get a lot of pictures the second day at the beach.  It started getting windy and Abby started freaking out.  So - I took her and Andrew back to the cabin while the others played at the beach. I know they had a great time - there were lots of stories of Flies up and other fun stuff when they got back! I'm glad they got to enjoy the water! 

Tuesday evening we enjoyed some more bubbles... 


 They kept sticking to Miles' head - it was cute.  Until the other kids tried to pop them!
Andrew and Ryland enjoying a cold marshmallow (no fire meant no roasting marshmallows :(
  Chris, Lance, James, Thomas, and Eric took a sunset swim on Tuesday night.  They actually said it was pretty warm and enjoyable!

Thomas soaking up the last rays of the sun
 Ryland trying to just get a little wet.

 

 Andrew trying not to get his shorts wet - trying to be like Abby!

 
Then he wanted to go for a swim, so I just took off his clothes, and let him jump in with his diaper on. He absolutely LOVED it!!! Eric was also out there with Chris.  My crazy boys!

Tuesday night we had Kalua Pork, rice, and pineapple for dinner and some peach cobbler for dessert.

Wednesday:
 We had a smaller group Wednesday morning.  Lots of people left Tuesday - but it was still a good size and we had a good time.  James made a fantastic breakfast of eggs, hashbrowns, and sausage on the grill.  We put them in a burrito with salsa, cheese, and sour cream.
  
 The kids enjoyed eating together at their own table!
 
 After breakfast we cleaned the cabin, and packed up and headed to a park to wait until the BEAR LAKE RASPBERRY SHAKE joints opened!  We had to get a Raspberry ice cream before leaving!!! 
It was a great reward for all those who helped clean up the cabin 
(sorry Lance and Lisa - wish you could have come too!)  Thanks everyone for helping clean up the cabin so nicely- It's always nice to leave it better than we found it! And we couldn't have done it alone!
 
 We even got to eat in the covered wagon!!! :)  The kids enjoyed their ice cream - I think the adults did too!  It was sure fun to be with everyone.

 
Overall it was a fun reunion!  I hope everyone had a great time at Bear Lake 2012.  I'm happy to pass the responsibility on to... well, I don't know who's next...but I'm sure it will be a great 2013 reunion!

No comments: