Be not afraid, only believe.  From Creative LDS Images on facebook

Aug 20, 2012

A time to celebrate!

 Saturday evening we celebrated a very momentous occasion!  My Grandparents had their 70th Wedding Anniversary on the 16th of August.  My parents hosted an open house for them to celebrate.

My grandparents were married in 1942.

 My grandpa is 96 years old.  My grandma is 91.  It is truly wonderful that they are both still with us and can be together for this wonderful milestone in their lives. In a world full of failed marriages, it is so beautiful to see one last so long. They are a wonderful couple that emanates so much love for each other.  They have had a life full of serving each other, and I think that is how they have stayed so strong.  They have seen a lot together, traveled together, worked together, raised children and they have played together too!  They were the best golfers back in the day.. something they did a lot as a couple.  They are such a beautiful couple. I am so glad I have had them in my life!

 I got the assignment to make a decorative cake for the event. I had a lot of fun putting it together.  I made it entirely out of rice crispy treats covered in frosting.  SO much easier than real cake!!  :)


 The boys had fun drinking LOTS AND LOTS of soda... :)  LOTS!  It kept them happy at least.

My Grandparents had lots of visitors - mostly old friends and lots of family. It was fun to meet some of the family members I never have met. 
  
I took this picture at the end - then I Photoshopped it to make the picture at the top - can you tell?


 McKenna and Bryce having a good time. 


This is my grandpa's nephew.  He and his wife came all the way from Wyoming for the party. You should have seen how much it meant to my grandparents to have so many visitors!


  
 Christa was in charge of decorating tables - they turned out beautiful!
  
It ended up being a nice cool evening - it was quite enjoyable!


 The little guys spent most of the evening in the sand box - they were totally entertained!

No comments: