Friday we headed down to Enoch to see our cousins. Andrew slept for a
while on the way down - thank goodness!! He was totally zonked - we
really wore him out at Lagoon the day before. He didn't sleep long enough - but at least he got a nap!
We
finally made it just in time to see the kids get home from school. It's
so fun to see the cousins get so excited to see each other. There's
nothing better! Friday night we went to Cedar City to the Shakespearean
festival. The kids had fun watching the actors/singers. Andrew and
Logan were sure fun together. They were two peas in a pod. Both of
them loved me taking pictures of them! I could do that all day.
I really love the bunny ears in this one - :)
I love getting pictures of the funny and cute faces these guys are always making. They are adorable!
Even Eric joined in the fun.....
Abby was too entertained with the show and her cousins to really care about me taking pictures.
I think Andrew was ready for his first day of college. He wouldn't take off his backpack while we were on campus. It was cute!
So - our original plan was to go to Enoch for a few days, then on to Las Vegas for Chris to go to a training, then we were going to spend a few days vacationing in the area... that all changed last minute when Chris' training was switched to Seattle. But we decided to still go down and see the cousins - the kids were just too excited to not go! One of the main things I wanted to do while there was paint the room under the stairs like a playroom. This is how it started out - just white walls....
And this is how it ended up - I made it into a tree house. I had a lot of fun painting. Art has definitely become my go to during this pregnancy to help me relax. Interesting how each pregnancy is so different - with Andrew it was definitely sewing :)
I think it turned out fun :) I hope they enjoy it!
We headed up to Brian Head and Cedar Breaks on Sunday. It was windy and chilly - something we weren't expecting ;) but thoroughly loved! The kids seemed to think it was pretty cool.
Andrew is enthralled with binoculars right now. He calls them his "nockles" It's so fun to watch him right now - he is so full of curiosity and he is quite amusing.
The CCC built a stone building at the top of the mountain between Brian Head and Cedar Breaks.
Here is the shot of it - seriously so awesome looking. Like my sister in law said - it looks like it's straight from Scotland off the moorland.
There were beautiful little flowers in the grasses around the rocks. SO pretty!!
Here is Cedar Breaks -
and the two cuties... :) They were always up to taking pictures. Actually both of them asked me multiple times to take their picture - the rest of the kids ran away every time I took the camera out!
Cedar Breaks at sunset - oh it was so beautiful!!!!!
Chris and Andrew in the sunset.
We had a great time with our cousins in Enoch - thanks for letting us crash at your house, and for entertaining us! We can't wait to come see you again!!!
Monday we headed back home - but decided to go through Delta this time so we could stop by Mineral Mountain and go for a little hike. This desolate mountain has a beauty all of it's own!!! They also have SST's...which I LOVE now! (sweet smelling toilets) Seriously - these bathrooms were cleaner and nicer than the bathroom I used at the McDonalds we stopped at - no joke...
Eric and Abby hiking around
We found lots of rocks to crush - looking for crystals and other fun stuff.
Abby hiking around with her bucket -ready to pick up any treasures along the way.
Andrew liked the shovel he got to carry - he also loved having his own bucket to put treasures in.
Rocks are such awesome treasures! I love rock hounding - just as much as my kids did!!!
Andrew had an encounter with a tree branch - and his ear kept bleeding and bleeding. Abby and Eric were more concerned about it than Andrew, since he couldn't see all the blood. But really - it was just a tiny scrape!
Picture time at Mineral Mountain
And one with me... just to prove I went on this trip too!
Showing off our treasures!
Eric and his treasures
Andrew still digging for more!
When we got to Delta - my brother recommended we stop at the rock store on main street. We were so not disappointed by this stop! This rock store had EVERYTHING! I was sorely tempted to buy a $400 geode - it was that gorgeous. But I resisted the temptation, but I do keep thinking of it ;) Not that I have anywhere in my house that would display such a beauty... nor do I have that much to just buy a rock with...anyhow...ramble ramble...
We ended up buying some geodes to open when we got home. The kids were SO excited! We also bought a few polished rocks. I love rocks. I wish I knew more about them. I guess there's no time like the present to start!
Here's Abby cracking open her geode
And here's the treasure inside - it's much more beautiful in person...you can come see it anytime!
Here's Eric taking a turn...
Another beauty!!! The man at the rock store helped them pick out their geodes - and they did not disappoint. We still have three more to crack open - but we had to wait for daddy to get back from a training in Seattle!
I can't wait to go back out and find some more rocks (or at least go back to Delta to buy some more cool rocks!! I think they'd make some great stocking stuffers!!!)





No comments:
Post a Comment