Uncle James brought his climbing gear - so we all got a chance to climb a rock at Chuckwalla. It was a great time.
Abby especially loved the climbing!
She has turned into my little mountain goat. She has gained a lot of upper body strength from swimming, and she also likes to climb the wall at the local rec center.
Andrew didn't get strapped in, but he still climbed the rocks around the wall.
Ethan just likes to play in the dirt!!
Miles tried to put on the harness.
Here's Abby - she made it to the top! She did an awesome job.
Then we came home and had Thanksgiving dinner! YUM....
Turkey, stuffing, sweet potato, rolls, green bean casserole, cranberry sauce, mashed potato and gravy, pomegranate salad...(that I forgot to serve...), pumpkin pie and apple pie! Super delicious!!!
On Friday we went hiking to Elephant arch. We had a great time. It's a six mile hike - but the kids did great. We just took it slow and let them play at all the sand hills :) It's like going to the beach without the water.

Ethan seriously loves this sand!

Two double decker dads!

Andrew carried these capri suns in his little backpack so he and Miles could have a drink along the way :)

Abby :)

Friday night, Ann and I snuck away from the group and went to a movie. It sounded like a fun movie...but we were sorely disappointed. It wasn't one I'd recommend to anyone - but we made up for it by going out to Red Robin for some salted caramel shakes and gooey chocolate cake and a LONG girl conversation. :) Thanks Ann, you made my day!
Saturday we got up early and got some family pictures in before the boys went golfing. We needed a family picture for our Christmas card - what better time to do it?? :)
I can't believe how quickly my Abby is growing up. She's really starting to become a young woman... please slow down Abigail. I am not ready to start letting you go yet. :)
While the boys went golfing, Ann and I took the kids to the temple and walked around the grounds and went to the visitors center. This temple is so amazingly beautiful!!!
We had an amazing Thanksgiving weekend. We loved having family with us. My parents floated through on their way to Arizona and it was so fun to see them too. I am so thankful for my family and the joy they bring into our lives. I think that is the thing we miss most - being with family. We love when we get to host our siblings/parents down here because we miss being with them. I am also thankful for my testimony. I feel like there have been so many opportunities here in Southern Utah for me to strengthen my testimony. I feel like I've been filling my lamp with oil. I am so grateful for my many wonderful blessings! I can't wait to host another Thanksgiving - it really did bring me so much joy. I love having people over and being able to feed people good food! It brings me so much joy and fills my life with happiness.






1 comment:
Wow! Your hair is getting long. :)
Whenever you post all these gorgeous scenery photos, it makes my heart miss my good old Dixie College days.
You know, the ones that happened a couple of years ago. ;)
Post a Comment