Be not afraid, only believe.  From Creative LDS Images on facebook

Apr 4, 2014

missionary fun - cereal box

 so - Chris has a brother on a mission that we love writing to and sending packages.  His birthday was this week, and we decided to send some cereal - because he LOVES cereal.  But - I was trying to come up with something a little more exciting to do with it... because I like to make things hard, you know!  ;)  Anyhow - the thought came while eating cereal one morning to cover the box with quotes and words from the Ensign and Friend! (I would have used the New Era too, if I had one..)  Anyhow, I used the cereal boxes of the cereal I bought for our Elder.  I took the cereal bag out, and broke down the box.  I used the inside of the box, because it looked like a blank canvas to me -and I love to fill a canvas!   Then I cut out all sorts of little quotes and words, and pictures from different magazines, and glued them on.  (I do keep a recycle box in my garage of magazines, they come in handy for scouts and school projects...and now to cover cereal boxes!)
 Once I got the box all covered in quotes, I still had a few little spots that were not covered.  So I went to work with some markers and just colored those areas to make them funner.  Then, I glued the box back together, and taped around the whole thing - just to make it studier.  And, then he can rotate the cereal out of it, if he chooses to keep the box, or pass it on.
It really opened my eyes to the little things I read all day - just while sitting and eating.  My mind wants to read - so why not have a little spiritual thought to read.  I might do this for my kids as well - just for some reading practice.  :)  I'll let you know if I end up doing that! I'm thinking Lego magazine would be an eye catching cereal box for my 8 year old that doesn't really enjoy reading... 

Or maybe the articles of faith!  Who can resist reading a cereal box?

No comments: