Be not afraid, only believe.  From Creative LDS Images on facebook

Jul 29, 2014

Air Show

 Saturday, July 26 we headed out to the St. George Air Show featuring the BLUE ANGELS!  You might think we are crazy - sitting on a black top, in July, in Saint George...and well, yes, we were a bit crazy.  But we were prepared!  We had lots of ice water, hats, sunglasses and snacks.  We also had camp chairs and a shaded stroller. 
 We got really lucky and had cloud cover, and quite a breeze to cool us off.  It also postponed the show - but it sure felt nice! The clouds threatened rain, but we weren't so lucky! 
 Ethan had a fun time playing with the water bottles and just exploring the airplanes.
 Andrew was enthralled with the show.  All three boys thought the show was amazing. Its so fun to see them so interested in airplanes.
 While we waited for the wind to die down, we got to see a WW2 reenactment.  The tanks came out and the army men fought, and there were lots of explosions and gun fights.  Pretty amazing!  The kids thought it was cool too.

Ok - so Abby didn't have the time of her life - but she survived :)  And was a good sport most of the time, as long as we kept feeding her snacks!

 Ethan and I enjoyed the show immensely!!  Ethan kept saying "where'dtheygo" (where did they go?) as one word.  And "theretheyare"  His two new favorite phrases!  
 After the show, we were able to get autographs from the Blue Angel pilots.  That was super cool.  These pilots are amazing!  It was an honor just to meet them!!!
 As you can see, Andrew charmed his way into their arms each time.  I don't know how he does it, but he seems to get all the attention everywhere he goes. :) I find it rather funny that he's so stinkin' likable! He has that charisma I guess... Not sure where he got it from?? :) Definitely not from me! 
 I could watch these airplanes all day long. I love the thunderous noise they make.  It just makes me happy to watch them.  It makes me want to go learn to fly or something amazing like that!  It's a lot like going to see a Warren Miller movie for me! I'm still in awe.  I hope they come back next year!!!

No comments: