Be not afraid, only believe.  From Creative LDS Images on facebook

Jul 7, 2014

catch up...

How do I even catch up 2 months worth of craziness? 

Here are the highlights...

We closed on our home, and moved in....


 We absolutely LOVE our new home.  When we moved in there was quite a special spirit of peace and tranquility in the home.  It was filled with the Spirit.  It was an easy transition for the kids - because it just felt like home.  I have never felt so comfortable in a home before - it feels like we've lived here for years!!  We love our new neighbors and we especially enjoy living on the edge of a beautiful green park!
 In June we took a quick camping trip up by Cedar Breaks.  We were trying to escape the 100 degree weather - but we weren't quite expecting temperatures to be in the low 40s!!  It felt good - but we were a tad bit chilly!!
 Eric had his first swim meet!  He did a great job.  I love seeing him grow up and have adventures.
 I love how Abby went over to give him some advice - what a cute little coach!
 We had some fun visitors - Chris' little sisters came to hang out with us for a few days!  We tried to entertain them - hopefully they had fun.  My favorite part was cliff jumping at Snow Canyon! 
 We got to go to the Cedar City Rodeo again this year - Abby and Eric got to ride on Patti's horse. She was so nice to them!  They loved it.


 June 21 Chris and I celebrated our 12th Anniversary!  We had a great time running 16 miles together Saturday morning, then heading to Zion National Park for the afternoon with the kids. We also had lunch at the Virgin trading post - I highly recommend their kid burger - YUM... and perfect size!  The pizza was amazing too... and the atmosphere was fantastic - the kids had a great time.
 We hiked the narrows for a while - and cooled off in the beautiful canyons.  I love this area - it truly is an oasis of beauty for our family. 
 I'm so grateful that Chris likes to explore and have adventures with the kids - we have really fallen in love with the outdoors, especially since moving to Saint George! 
 Eric and Andrew  - Andrew was so sick of me taking pictures... can you tell! :) 


June 27-28 Chris and I ran in the RAGNAR relay!  We had a great time running together.  We have both trained quite a bit and it made a huge difference.  Chris was runner #11, and I was runner #9.
 Here is our amazing team - all but one is from the Bradley family, and the one that isn't, is a sibling of a Bradley inlaw ;)  So - just about as close to all family as you can get! 
 I really loved running this year.  I felt so good - even though being in van 2 is really hard.  We ran from 2-6pm on Friday.  Had a rest at Zarahemla in Morgan and started running again about 11:30pm.  We ran until 6:30am where we finally got to rest again... if you can fall asleep while the sun is coming up! Then we ran our last legs from about noon to 5pm.  Whew... that schedule was tough!

leg 9: 2.90 miles | Easy   Leg 21: 11.70 miles | Hard  Leg 33: 4.40 miles | Very Hard total 18.9 miles  
 My first leg was only 3 miles - easy peasy... :)  My second leg was 11.7 miles from 1am - about 3 am!  It was a little strange to run in the middle of the night like that - but I surprised myself with how awake and alert I felt.  My last leg was a steep 4.5 miles.  It was up the road to Wasatch Mountain State Park.  It was hot and steep - but I did it! :) I loved it.... when I was finished! 

Total: 22.6 Miles
Leg 11: 7.30 miles | Very Hard Leg 23: 5.50 miles | Moderate  Leg 35: 9.80 miles | Very Hard 





   
Chris' first run was up the old road to Snow Basin - KILLER! :)  7.3 miles of uphill...but he did amazing.  His second leg was 5.5 miles around Rockport Lake.  His last leg, leg 35 was a severe drop into Park City...  it was some serious down hill for 9.8 miles!!  :)  And he has some major blisters to prove it!

We had a great time, and our kids were totally spoiled while they spent time with Grandma Bradley and Grandma and Grandpa Jacobson!  It was a great weekend!

Now - let's see if I can jump back on this wagon of keeping my blog up to date.. it sure is useful for our family history, if nothing else :)

No comments: