Be not afraid, only believe.  From Creative LDS Images on facebook

Aug 13, 2014

Cub Scouts

 Eric got to go to his first Cub Scouts meeting this week!!!  To say he was excited is an understatement.  He's been scouring his new Wolf book to see what he will be doing in his den.  We got his numbers sewn on, and his badge and he wanted to have it exactly perfect!!  :)  No pressure there.  They had a swim party - and they told him he didn't need to wear his shirt - but this kid thinks this uniform is AWESOME... so he had to wear it!  :) 
He thinks I should volunteer to be his scout leader... I am honored that he would want me as his leader!  Maybe I'll just let them know I've had a little experience.  I would love to be his leader and get to do some great things with him. 

After having been a Webelos leader for a year, I have a deeper love for the program.  It really is a great program for these boys.  It's a ton of work for the leaders, parents and boys - but it is so worth it to see them progress and feel like they are a part of some big picture.  These boys eat this up.  I am grateful for the opportunity to have been in the program for a bit so I understand how it works, and so I can always remember to say thank you to the leaders.  They do a lot!!  Mostly behind the scenes.  A good leader is worth a lot!  Thank you to all the teachers and leaders my children have had over the years - you are helping me to raise good children!!  And to that, I say thank you for your help!! 

1 comment:

AnJ. said...

Eric can't be old enough for scouts! No way. I love how much he loves his uniform and hope that love lasts. Every week I hear, "Mooooom, do I HAVE to put on my uniform?"