Be not afraid, only believe.  From Creative LDS Images on facebook

Sep 10, 2014

Ouch!!

 On Friday September 5th, I was sitting on the couch reading while Ethan was playing on the chair with his blanket in the front room.  He was just being silly.  It was just about nap time - and I was just giving him a few more minutes to play, since he wasn't being too crazy.  Well, the next thing I knew, he was climbing over the arm of the chair, and got caught on his blanket.  He went head first onto the edge of the tile, where the tile meets the carpet.  He stood up, and blood was gushing everywhere!

 I got him calmed down, and I got the bleeding to stop.  I called Chris.  He came home and took care of Andrew.  Abby and Eric were just coming home from school in about a half hour - so he hung around for them as well.   I took Ethan to Insta Care.   When we got there, he had fallen asleep in the car.  It was naptime and all...  but they were very concerned that he might have some sort of head trauma.  They were about to rush him to the ER....and then he woke up - and lets just say he wasn't too happy to wake up at the Doctors Office!!!! 
 They took us back to a room, put some numbing medication on his cut, and let us wait for it to work... trying to entertain a very tired Ethan for 45 minutes was awesome :)  At least I had my phone.  Siri was so nice to talk to Ethan! 
 After hanging out forever, it was finally time.  They knew Ethan wouldn't sit still for them... so we had to strap him in straight jacket like thing - to keep his arms down.  He was not happy about that!  But, it worked, and he ended up getting 6 stitches!  He was actually pretty good about the whole process considering his age.
 I think it's more traumatic for me as a mom to watch him have to get stitches! 
Now, he is our little Frankenstein for the next week... and then he will have a gnarly scar!  I hear chicks dig scars... right??!!  Everyone needs a story or two to tell their kids. 


Ethan liked being held by daddy - Daddy's make everything better! 

No comments: